Saturday, March 6, 2010

Silent Squatter

Gonna go kinda quiet on the squats for a while. In watching video after video over and over again, I think what I see is that my form is good to start and as I progress to heavier sets, it begins to decline. As the weight gets heavier, I start to do weird shit to compensate for the strength just not being where it should be...which works for a while, until it gets REALLY heavy, and then I just fail. Given where I started, I think his makes some sense. I'd been afraid for a long time to *really* work my lower body due to a number of knee injuries/issues over the years, most stemming from being so overweight for so long. I was afraid to squat, lunge, etc even just body weight. I only just *learned* to back squat a little over a year ago. The fear, probably unfounded, but true nevertheless. So I'm going to continue to squat, progress the weight a bit more slowly than I have been, and continue to work my legs hard - strengthening quads, adductors, hammies, glutes, calves. Also, I'll continue with the ab work I've been doing, and maybe hit'em a second time each week.

I felt great again today - ton of energy to power through my workout, really focused.

DB Chest Press
8 x 30
6 x 35
6 x 40
5, 5, 4, 4 @ 45

BB Rows
4 x 15 @ 65

BB Overhead Press
12 x bar
10 x 50
8 x 55
6 x 60

DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 @ 15
EZ Curl Lying Triceps Ext 4 x 10 @ 30
Cable Reverse Grip Tricep Pressdowns 2 x 12 @ 60
DB Preacher Curls 2 x 12 @ 20
DB Incline Curls 2 x 8 @ 15
Wtd Situps 2 x 20 @ 10
Bicycle 1 x 50 (25/side)
Leg Raises 1 x 20
Plank 1 x 75 secs

SS Cardio - 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment