Sunday, March 7, 2010

Felt Good and Ran With It!

Literally!

I had some *amazing* sleep last night, just wonderful, solid sleep - and plenty of it! I woke up feeling equally amazing, and it was a beautiful morning - bright blue sky and sunshine. I checked the weather...that's the forecast for the whole day, and finally some warmth coming back to this state! YES!

The urge to run came over me...I haven't felt that in a long, LONG time. Given the gorgeous day ahead, I was tempted to lace up the shoes and head out the door. But it's been a long time since I've run, and outside gives me more opportunity to push myself, cuz who knows where I'd end up ;)

So today was a planned off day, but I think as much as I need to listen to myself and NOT workout when I feel the need to rest, I need to honor the desire to do so when I'm feeling great. Laced up the shoes and hit the gym :)

Got a nice dynamic warm-up in, a little stretching after that, then hopped on the treadmill. Started with a moderate walk, then a brisk walk, then a nice slow jog, and then a full on run. It felt *fantastic* All in all I went 2 miles in 21 mins and then slowed it on down for another 3 or 4 minutes, then switched over to the elliptical for another 15 mins or so. Finished my time at the gym with a nice long, full body stretching session. Wrapped everything up with a little walk across the way to Starbucks and grabbed a coffee to go. Delicious morning, all around :)

I was surprised how great the run felt, I expected to feel jarring in my lower back immediately, I expected the knees to yell...knees never yelled. I started to feel the jarring at about 19 minutes, but being so close to 2 miles I did push on through that ;) Tomorrow will probably tell more, but right now I'm just feeling super invigorated.

Later, there will be some sunshine shinin' down on this body :)

No comments:

Post a Comment