Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bench Day - No Clever Title, Deal ;)

Last night when i finally slowed down and sat down, I started to crash pretty hard. Just a big wave of *the tired* hit. Slept pretty well and woke up feeling good, so I hit the gym for Chest/Back/Abs day...which felt great! I had a fantastic workout...but on my way home ... the tired wave crashed over me again. Ate, felt a little better..and then there was work. Not really gonna go there, here, but...will leave it at "a trying day" - it just sort of pulled anything/everything I had left, ugh :P

Right about now I'm FREEZING, and plonked out on the sofa with a big fuzzy warm cuddly blanket (thanks Bran :) and watching bad American Idol. Tomorrow is planned as cardio only, plus Softball tomorrow night after work. Can't bail on softball, so a really long day ahead, need to listen to me *carefully* in the morning...

On THAT note...tomorrow is a NEW day and I can look forward to starting it out that way and feeling rested and GOOD. That's how we roll 'round these here parts ;)

Here's how we were rollin' through the workout this morning...

Bench warmups then Week 3 of 5-3-1...
5 x 75
3 x 85
1+ x 95 ... 11 :)



I tried the sort of 'compromise grip,' identified as a possible winner last week :) Mid-palm on rings. I think this is a pretty good spot...a little wobbly at first but I settled into it and felt stable and strong as I worked through the set. Happy with the results, and absolutely a PR with that weight...former PR was for 9.

Also tried the new Rogues with Bench...I wore them for the first 2 short little sets but was NOT digging it, so changed back to sneakers for the long set. I'll try them out a few more times, may just be a matter of getting used to it, but today I wasn't feeling it there at all.

Anyway...next!

BB Rows: 15 x 65, 12 x 75, 10 x 85, 8 x 95

BB Incline Press: 65 x 12, 12, 10, 10

Supine Pullups: 3 x 6

Freemotion Standing Cable Flys: 15 x 15, 9 x 20

DB Pullovers: 35 x 12, 11 30 x 12, 12

Push-ups SS w/ Back Extensions x 3
12 / 15 @ 25
9 / 15 @ 10
- / 15 @ BW

Hanging Knee Raises (w/4lb ball) SS w/ Cable Crunches (110lbs) x 2
12 / 12
12 / 12

V-Sit Med Ball Twists (w/10lb ball) SS w/ Wtd Crunches (25lb plate) x 2
30 / 30
30 / 30

FB Roll-ins 2 x 12

Bicycle Maneuver 1 x 60 (30/side)

Plank 1 x 75 secs

20 mins SS Cardio (no HIIT today)

No comments:

Post a Comment