Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting Jack3d and Overdoing It

Got back from NC visit with Grams yesterday - we had a nice time. She's definitely lonely...she's got so much spirit but her body is definitely starting to give out on her. She's got severe pulmonary problems and a litany of other health conditions. She's on the O2 nearly constantly now - much more so than the last time I saw her. She told me she definitely needed "that spark of life" around her, that made me a little sad. But - we did have a good time and I heard LOTS of stories :)

Saturday I went to the little local Gold's Gym in the town she lives in. I needed to do my UB/Abs workout, and I had some cardio to get done too. I've been taking the pre-workout supplement Jack3d for a week or two now (I forget when I started taking it), and there are days that that stuff hits *juuuust right* and I feel unstoppable! Strong, focused, INTO it...and it makes me want MORE! Like I need that ;)

This day was one of those days. I felt incredibly strong and like I could go all day! I didn't even realize how MUCH this was until just now, looking at it here as I got ready to type. I do plan my workouts ahead of time, but I keep finding myself adding an extra set or an extra exercise...gotta knock that off or shit like this will come back to haunt me. I guess what I'm saying is, no one need count sets - I see it ;)

DB Chest Press
8 x 30, 6 x 35, 5 x 40, and 6/6/6/5 x 45 (last week was 5/5/4/4 - big increase, though still don't feel ready to go back to tackle those 50s again)

Conventional Deads
8 x 135, 160
3 x 6 @ 185
3 x 5 @ 205
BB Rows
1 x 15 @ 65

BB Overhead Press
12 x bar, 10 x 50, 8 x 55, 6 x 60, 5 x 65
DB Lateral Raises
2 x 12 @ 15

EZ Curl Triceps Ext 2 x 12 @ 30
BB Close Grip Press x 2 12 @ 65

DB Preacher Curls (2-hand hammer grip) 12 @ 45, 10 @ 50
BB Curls 2 x 10 @ bar

Hanging Knee Raises 2 x 15
Cable Rope Crunches 2 x 12 @ 110
Wtd Situps 2 x 15 @ 15
Bicycle Maneuver 1 x 60
Plank 1 @ 90secs

25 mins Elliptical

Felt great when i finished and held strong all day. That said, that evening, the migraine I'd been battling came back hard core and really knocked me down. I've got to get those dealt with...I called to try to make an appt with my Dr today.

No comments:

Post a Comment