Friday, May 14, 2010

Farewell to CrossFit...

I went back today for my last session for a little while. Tomorrow I'm just going to do some light cardio, take Sunday off completely, then head back into my last 5-3-1 Cycle going into my meet June 19.

Sad to see it go for a while, but I'm going to pick it up a bit as I mentioned, after the meet. I may even put good ole' LA Fitness on hold for a month or so...we'll see.

That said, today's workout was a GREAT one to end on!

4 components
Sets of: 21 - 18 - 15 - 12 - 9 - 6 - 3

Deadlifts (95lbs)
Broad Jumps
Renegade Rows (One-Arm DB Rows from Plank position - 20lbs)
Odd # sets: 200m run
Even # sets: 800m run

Finished: 31:56 with a little "Rx" next to my name, yeah!
Beat everyone today, even the guys (small class)!

This was a HARD freaking workout but it felt really good. The long run actually felt like I was getting some recovery! I felt slighted of that on the short 200m run LOL..somehow that's just wrong ;) The DLs went up easy, those rows were tough though at that rep scheme.

Fighting hard with the urge to go do more cardio but I refuse to give in to that crazy voice. R-E-F-U-S-E.

As much as I've really enjoyed this week off from training, I am looking forward to going back, I think it may be because I'm so amped up for this meet :)

So back to training vids and more traditional workouts next week, but I think this break from the same ole did me wonders :)

See ya at the end of June, Crossfit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment