Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday 2/27 - That'd be Today ;)

New song added to my iPod last night - Adam Lambert, "Whataya Want From Me"
It got a lot of rotation today :)

Saturdays are 'scheduled' as UB training days + mini abs and cardio, but I have been looking at training and cardio both as optional, based on how I'm feeling. Freeing! :) I think I've taken the day off every week since the meet. Last week I forced some cardio in, but shut it down after maybe 15 mins, needed to rest.

Today though, I felt GREAT - so I hit the gym for both :) Saturdays are always entertaining, as far as the people watching goes ;) Some CHARACTERS there, I tell ya, hahah.

DB Chest Press
10 x 30
8 x 35
6 x 40
3 x 5 @ 40

DB Pullovers
10 x 30, 3 x 10 @ 35

BB Press
3 x 10 @ bar

DB Lateral Raises
2 x 12 @ 15

DB Overhead Triceps
2 x 10 @ 35

Bench Dips
1 x Fail --> 21

Cable Curls
2 x 10 @ 70

BB Curls
1 x Fail @ bar --> 9 (wtf?! 9?!)

Back Extensions
1 x 20 @ bw

Bicycle Maneuver
1 x 60

1 set: Decline Situps ss w/ Wtd Situps (10lb plate)*
12 / 12

1 set: Wtd Crunches (20lbs - cuz there were two 10lb plates right there and I was too lazy to get off my ass and go GET the 25lb plate ;) ss w/ Crunches
15 / 15

25 mins SS cardio - done :)

Felt pretty weak on DB Chest press, prior to the meet I had been pressing the 50s for 4 sets of 4. Today the 45s were challenging, particularly on that 3rd set. Wouldn't have gotten a 4th set that's for sure. Not sure what was up with that set of BB curls either, hahah. Oh well..some days...

* LOL earlier in the week I tried some weighted sit-ups (full situps) with a 25lb plate. HAH. We'll be increasing in smaller increments, thank you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment