Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friday 2/26 - SUUU-MO!

I love deadlift day. Really it's like treat day at the gym :) This was a *great* workout, I felt super fantastic when I was done - strong, really pumped - all around good stuff.

Warmups, then...
3 x 225
3 x 235
3+ x 250 ....11 reps! That's a PR, by all of one, and truthfully I'm not even sure that one counts with that long rest between the last 2 reps ;) Nevertheless!

Ugly at the end...although long sets like this are going to disappear quickly, and the degradation in form as the set progresses will hopefully be considerably less :) I think next week my 1+ set is with 265, looking back at my logs that's where the reppage significantly dropped off last time. Anyway, here it is:



Onto...
Front Squats - 8 x 95, 85, 75

Good Mornings - 2 x 15 @ bar

Conventional Deads - 1 x 10 @ 135

Snatch-Grip Deads...New exercise for me. I think I got better at these with each set. I brought my grip out a little wider with each set but could still go more, and watching I think my stance was too close too. This is why we record! 3rd set had to reset grip before last 2 reps. Here are two of the 3 sets (1st and last)... 3 x 8 @ 135





Plie Squats 3 x 15 @ 65
This is where sunglasses trainer guy decided to analyze MY ASS. Seriously.

I know he means well. He watched me plie squat one set and made the comment that one side looks like it's doing more work than the other. Right stronger than left, he's saying. Then the other thing he's saying is that some part of my hamstring or my glute or something is missing (as in tremendously weak), which is causing that slight pause as I kick up out of my squat. Now I DO see the pause, but I believe it's a weak quad and that pause is me kicking it out of my quads into my rear to finish the job. But...hopefully it won't matter as I work to strengthen all those muscles over the coming months :) See all this talk right here? ALL THIS TALK was going on and all I wanted to do was finish my workout....like ok I'm on a schedule yo! Gotta goooo....

Finally :)

BB Split Squats 2 x 24 @ 65

Standing Calves 10, 10, 9, 8 @ 135

Leg Extensions 3 x 15 @ 70, 1 x 15 @ 55
(burn baby buuuurn, holy crap ;)

Back Extensions 15 @ 25, 15 @ 10

20 mins SS Cardio

No comments:

Post a Comment