Saturday, October 2, 2010

Three Days Off

It's been *forever* since I've had more than one complete day off.  The trip this week sort of forced it - I hit some cardio on Tuesday morning (1st day of the trip), but with the migraine and total lack of sleep anything beyond that was not a good idea.

I got home at almost midnight on Thursday night and while I had planned on getting back to my training on Friday, I decided that wasn't a good idea when I woke up with a very tired body.

I was initially worried about that choice, since I'm only 5 weeks out from the meet, but then I realized that's precisely why I should probably sit it out.  I could do my deadlift saturday and start with the new week of training on Monday, and I'd be out one workout total.  Not bad...so after I worked that all through I felt better about it.

I definitely made the right decision - napped some yesterday, then went to bed around 10pm and slept in until 8 this morning!  EIGHT?! It's usually a banner day if if I can make it to 6:30 or 7, 8 is unheard of!  I went in this morning for my deadlift/bench workout and it was solid....three days off with a lot of hearty eating paid off, felt really strong and good :) I skipped cardio ;)

Still, I came home and napped - definitely still recovering from last week and all the crazyness leading up to it!

My weight dropped from 146.8 yesterday to 144.2 this morning (that's some crack right there, wtf?).  Today I continued to eat without a plan and while the calories were a bit higher (1685), I came out about the same ratios as yesterday (40/35/25).  I had lots of good stuff - blueberries and strawberries, oatmeal, yogurt, pork chop, and another square of ancho chile pepper infused dark chocolate - mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment