Sunday, September 26, 2010

Shop & Drop

Well here we are, back to one post a week! Gah.

This week I've been pretty focused on work trying to prepare for the big event, my big debut on ShopNBC next week! I'm leaving for Minnesota tomorrow early afternoon and I'll be back late on Thursday.

I'm not freaking out anymore, starting to feel comfortable with all this but I do have moments when I feel like the ground falls out from under me - or like your stomach does that flippy thing sometimes if you go over a hill juuuuust right in the car ;)

If you're interested in tuning in, you can do it in two ways:
You can go here to find the local cable channel for ShopNBC -or-
If you don't get it, or you're at work or something, you can watch it live online.

I'm on Wednesday 9/29 at NOON and 7pm, and Thursday 9/30 at 10am (Eastern).

Eeeeeeeeeek!

In Training news, last week Wednesday was my Evaluation day, and I think it went rather well!

Squat - 181 x 3
(I definitely had a 4th, and I think a 5th in me)


I stopped because I was only supposed to do 1, I knew I was pushing it but didn't want to COMPLETELY disobey hahah ;)

Bench - 122 x 1
Take that 110! For realz, with solid pause and everything :) I was supposed to stop at 105. Not an ounce left in that one tho!


Deads - 295 x 1
Totally followed my instructions with deads and only did one of the weight I was supposed to do. The guy that crept in behind me was really a little unnerving, he was super close, and after I locked out the lift I almost fell forward with it, which would have fucked up my back in a big way, thankfully I regained control! This went up FAST and easy - yeah!


So given all that, and given I did it in a calorie deficit (have been dieting for ShopNBC appearance, to little improvement - I can't win), Dave changed up my training program a bit, and I start with that on Monday. He cautioned me not to stray from the program or I risk not being at my best for the meet, so I'm going to be better about that from here on out...6 weeks baby!

I did manage to come down with the lower calories once RC and I swapped my carbs BACK to what they were from the 40p/40c Christie had wanted me on. After this training day on Wednesday - I had a tough time recovering. Needed energy to come back up so had a SMALL (and homemade I might add) cheat meal of a ~5oz burger (93/7 ground beef) on a 100cal Sandwich Round and a small serving (relative to a restaurant) of steak fries and gained back 2 of the 3 pounds I'd lost. Feeling gross and bloaty but resigned - can't fix it, it is what it is. I'm functional again, which was the point.

Right now I'm trying to just relax a bit. I have a lot of stuff to continue to review for ShopNBC, but I need to just BE for a few. I have a kitty on my lap, I'm all packed and the house is finally clean (cleaning rampage this weekend) ... maybe some yoga to try to center...

No comments:

Post a Comment